Thursday, April 12, 2012

Trial and Error (Poetry Month 2012: Day 11)


Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
            Wait, why are they blue?
            Shouldn’t they be violet
            Since that’s what they’re called?

Roses are Red
Violets are Violet
I think you’re cuter
Than Bella from Twilight
            wow, bad rhyme and bad poem
            maybe we should try this again

Roses are Red
Violists play the Viola
I wrote out this poem
Using Crayolas
            yeah, probably not a winner that time either.
            let’s skip the violets altogether

Roses are Red
Oranges are Orange
Blueberries are Blue
Periwinkles are Periwinkle
Grass is Green
Sheep are Fluffy
The Sun is Bright
Okra is Gross
Cheerios are Round

Roses are Red
            maybe it’s that first line that’s the problem?
Roses are             pretty             thorny
            flowers             nice gifts
            good in bouquets
            Aargh!

Your car is bright Red,
Your scrubs Navy Blue
In marrying you
My dreams have come true

You are the best wife,
An incredible friend
You are my whole life
I’ll love you to the end

I’m not good at colors
Or rhyming with blue
But I want you to know
How much I love you.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment